The Facilitator Training Program is designed for professionals who work with children, including educators, psychologists, childcare providers, mental health workers, school counselors, case managers, social workers and healthcare providers.
Participants will learn:
- Risk factors for violence and its consequences on children's lives.
- Practical methods of discipline to use with children.
- Protective factors and skills for effective parenting, such as anger management, peaceful conflict resolution, discipline and media violence education.
- How to participate in community-wide prevention efforts with a support network of professionals.
The two-day workshop features interactive discussions, both small and large group work, and topic presentations. Upon completion, participants will:
- Be able to receive up to 12 CE credits for Psychology, LMHC or MFT, LICSW, Early Education or k-12 education.*
- Receive a certificate of attendance for 16 hours of professional development credits.
- Be able to continue to gain certification as a "Certified APA ACT Facilitator."
*This program counts toward a continuing education credit for psychologists. This program is sponsored by the Massachusetts Psychological Association. Massachusetts Psychological Association is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Massachusetts Psychological Association maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
ACT Facilitator Materials
This conference is entirely in English, but the program materials have been printed in Spanish. We can arrange for American Sign Language interpretation upon request.
The ACT Northeast Regional Center provides ACT Facilitators with materials for running parent groups in their local communities. The ACT Facilitator Kit is included in the Facilitator Training fee for Two-Day Trainings of new ACT Facilitators.
This kit ($90) includes:
- The facilitator manual
- An accompanying CD with PowerPoint slides and homework sheets
- A parent handbook
- A child activities guide
- A CD with an ACT PSA used in the parent group
- A parent evaluation guide
- A Teach Carefully booklet about child development from birth to age 8 years
- An Understanding Child Development as a Violence Prevention Tool booklet
- Sample fliers
Other Facilitator Materials
Facilitators can also order the following items through the ACT-NE Regional Training Center:
- Facilitator Manual & CD (with PowerPoint slides & homework sheets) - $70
- Parent Handbook - $20
- Research & Marketing Materials CD (includes the latest ACT research, poster images, logos, parent certificate templates, brochure & flier templates, child release template, and parent attendance card template) - $25
"Stories for Children That Grownups Can Watch" Films
The ACT NE Regional Training Center is proud to offer two films from the Illinois Violence Prevention Authority and PS &A Communications that are great supplements within the ACT Raising Safe Kids Program.
The films are available for purchase at cost ($15 each). Please contact our office about ordering these DVDs.
- Inside Him: "Inside Him" is about how adults can help children talk about what they have seen or heard that might be upsetting to them.
- Clingy Thing: "Clingy Thing" is about clinginess as a sign of insecurity that can result from exposure to trauma or violence, and it introduces tips for responding to children exhibiting symptoms.